Prazo de entrega: 2 semanas.
Se você possui dúvidas sobre o livro em nosso site, como por exemplo outros formatos de encadernação, disponibilidade, prazos de entrega, outras formas de envio e pagamentos ou não deseja fazer o pedido via website, entre em contato com nosso Serviço de Apoio ao Cliente.
Paperback: 326 pages
Publisher: Academic Press; 1 edition (05 Dec 2012)
Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.4 x 0.7 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
Addresses, contrasts, and compares both terrestrial and aquatic ecosystemsCombines general lessons, concepts, frameworks, and challenges in highly accessible synthesis chaptersPresents firsthand case studies, written by leaders in the field, offering personal insights into how adopting an ecosystem approach led to innovations, new understanding, management changes, and policy solutions
Ecosystem science has developed into a major part of contemporary ecology, and it is now applied to diagnose and solve a wide range of important environmental problems. Fundamentals of Ecosystem Science provides a compact and comprehensive introduction to modern ecosystem science. Written by a group of experts, this book covers major concepts of ecosystem science, biogeochemistry, and energetics.
Advanced undergraduate and graduate students who have had a general biology course, but not further training in ecosystems. Researchers and professionals in ecology and environmental sciences.
Table of Contents
Fundamentals of Ecosystem Science, 1st Edition
Part I: Introduction
1. Introduction to Ecosystem Science
Part II: Ecological Energetics
2. Primary Production: The Foundation of Ecosystems
3. Secondary Production and Consumer Energetics
4. Organic Matter Decomposition
Part III: Biogeochemistry
5. Element Cycling6. The Carbon Cycle
7. The Nitrogen Cycle8. The Phosphorus Cycle
Part IV: Synthesis
9. Revisiting the Ecosystem Concept: Important Features That Promote Generality and Understanding
10. Ecosystems in a Heterogeneous World
11. Controls on Ecosystem Structure and Function
Part V: Case Studies
12. From Global Environmental Change to Sustainability Science: Ecosystem Studies in the Yaqui Valley, Mexico
13. Ecology of Lyme Disease
14. Understanding Ecosystem Effects of Dams
15. Acid Rain16. Streams and Their Valleys
Part VI: Frontiers
17. Frontiers in Ecosystem Science
Appendix: A Primer on Biologically Mediated Redox Reactions in Ecosystems