Prazo de Entrega: Entre 3 a 4 Semanas., após lançamento no final de Junho 2015.
O recebimento de encomendas internacionais está sujeito a procedimentos aduaneiros e isto pode causar atrasos além do tempo estimado de entrega.
Se você possui dúvidas sobre o livro em nosso site, como por exemplo outros formato de encadernação, disponibilidade, prazos de entrega, outras formas de envio e pagamentos ou não deseja fazer o pedido via website, entre em contato com nosso Serviço de Apoio ao Cliente.
Hardcover: 928 pages
Publisher: Academic Press; 6 edition (January, 2015)
Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 3.2 x 9.4 inches
Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds
A gold standard for teaching fluid mechanics, revised and invigorated with more cohesive flow of topics, inclusion of approximate and engineering techniques, and new real-world problems and examples.
NEW TO THE SIXTH EDITION
- Over 100 new examples designed to illustrate the application of the various concepts and equations featured in the text.
- A completely new chapter on computational fluid dynamics (CFD) authored by Prof. Gretar Tryggvason of the University of Notre Dame. This new CFD chapter includes sample MatlabTM codes and 20 exercises.
- New material on elementary kinetic theory, non-Newtonian constitutive relationships, internal and external rough-wall turbulent flows, Reynolds-stress closure models, acoustic source terms, and unsteady one-dimensional gas dynamics.
- Plus 110 new exercises and nearly 100 new figures.
The classic textbook on fluid mechanics is revised and updated by Dr. David Dowling to better illustrate this important subject for modern students. With topics and concepts presented in a clear and accessible way, Fluid Mechanics guides students from the fundamentals to the analysis and application of fluid mechanics, including compressible flow and such diverse applications as aerodynamics and geophysical fluid mechanics. Its broad and deep coverage is ideal for both a first or second course in fluid dynamics at the graduate or advanced undergraduate level, and is well-suited to the needs of modern scientists, engineers, mathematicians, and others seeking fluid mechanics knowledge.
Senior undergraduate/graduate students in mechanical, civil, aerospace, chemical and biomedical engineering; Senior undergraduate/graduate students in physics, chemistry, meteorology, geophysics, and applied mathematics
Table of Contents
Fluid Mechanics, 6th Edition
5. Vorticity Dynamics
6. Computational Fluid Dynamics
7. Ideal Flow
8. Gravity Waves
9. Laminar Flow
10. Boundary Layers and Related Topics
13. Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
15. Compressible Flow
16. Introduction to Biofluid Mechanics (online only)
A. Conversion Factors, Constants, Fluid Properties
B. Mathematical Tools and Resources
C. Founders of Modern Fluid Dynamics
D. Visual Resources