Prazo de entrega entre 3 a 4 semanas.
O recebimento de encomendas internacionais está sujeito a procedimentos aduaneiros e isto pode causar atrasos além do tempo estimado de entrega.
Delmar's Comprehensive Medical Assisting: Administrative and Clinical Competencies, 5th Edition, Publication Date: April 2013 (includes Premium Website Printed Access Card and Medical Office Simulation Software 2.0 CD-ROM),Wilburta Q. Lindh, Marilyn Pooler, Carol D. Tamparo, Barbara M. Dah, Julie Morris, ISBN: 9781133602866, Hardcover, Cengage Learning
Wilburta Q. Lindh Highline Community College
Marilyn Pooler Springfield Technical Community College, Springfield, Massachusetts.
Carol D. Tamparo
Barbara M. Dahl Whatcom Community College, Bellingham, Washington
Julie Morris MedTech College; Atlanta, GA
Publication Date: April 24, 2013
1264 Pages Hardcover
Previous Editions: 2010, 2006, 2002
In today's dynamic health care environment, medical assistants are playing an increasingly important role. DELMAR'S COMPREHENSIVE MEDICAL ASSISTING: ADMINISTRATIVE AND CLINICAL COMPETENCIES, Fifth Edition, helps you gain the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in this rewarding, rapidly growing field. Known for its thorough coverage, extensive technical detail, and accurate, up-to-date content, this proven book covers clinical tasks such as taking patients' medical histories, recording vital signs, explaining procedures, and assisting care providers during exams, as well as administrative duties including managing patient information, electronic medical records (EMR), insurance documentation, billing, and bookkeeping. In addition, chapter material and learning objectives are clearly mapped to ABHES, CAAHEP, and MAERB competencies, with an increased focus on professionalism and personal effectiveness, to help you hone practical, real-world skills and prepare for certification. The guide also supports effective learning with a variety of online resources to help you make the most of your study time, including interactive quizzes for self-assessment and the popular Critical Thinking Challenge application.
Table of Contents
Section I: GENERAL PROCEDURES.
Unit 1: Introduction to Medical Assisting and Health Professions.
1. The Medical Assisting Profession.
2. Health Care Settings and the Health Care Team.
3. History of Medicine.
Unit 2: The Therapeutic Approach.
4. Coping Skills for the Medical Assistant.
5. Therapeutic Communication Skills.
6. The Therapeutic Approach to the Patient with a Life-Threatening Illness.
Unit 3: Responsible Medical Practice.
7. Legal Considerations.
8. Ethical Considerations.
9. Emergency Procedures and First Aid.
Section II: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES.
Unit 4. Integrated Administrative Procedures.
10. Creating the Facility Environment.
11. Computers in the Ambulatory Care Setting.
13. Patient Scheduling.
14. Medical Records Management.
15. Written Communications.
Unit 5: Managing Facility Finances.
17. Medical Insurance.
18. Medical Insurance Coding.
19. Daily Financial Practices.
20. Billing and Collections.
21. Accounting Practices.
Section III: CLINICAL PROCEDURES.
Unit 6: Integrated Clinical Procedures.
22. Infection Control and Medical Asepsis.
23. The Patient History and Documentation.
24. Vital Signs and Measurements.
25. The Physical Examination.
Unit 7: Assisting with Specialty Examinations and Procedures.
26. Obstetrics and Gynecology.
28. Male Reproductive System.
30. Examinations and Procedures of Body Systems.
Unit 8: Advanced Techniques and Procedures.
31. Assisting with Office/Ambulatory Surgery.
32. Diagnostic Imaging.
33. Rehabilitation and Therapeutic Modalities.
34. Nutrition in Health and Disease.
35. Basic Pharmacology.
36. Calculation of Medication Dosage and Medication Administration.
Unit 9: Laboratory Procedures.
38. Regulatory Guidelines for Safety and Quality in the Medical Laboratory.
39. Introduction to the Medical Laboratory.
40. Phlebotomy: Venipuncture and Capillary Puncture.
43. Basic Microbiology.
44. Specialty Laboratory Tests.
Section IV: PROFESSIONAL PROCEDURES.
Unit 10: Office and Human Resources Management.
45. The Medical Assistant as Office Manager.
46. The Medical Assistant as Human Resources Manager.
Unit 11: Entry into the Profession.
47. Preparing for Medical Assisting Credentials.
48. Employment Strategies.
Appendix A: Common Medical Abbreviations and Symbols.
Appendix B: Top 200 Brand Drugs for 2011 by Number of U.S. Prescriptions Dispensed.
Appendix C: Occupational Analysis of the CMA (AAMA).
Appendix D: Medical Assisting Task List.
Appendix E: Software Support: The Critical Thinking Challenge and Medical Office.
Glossary of Terms.
Glosario de Términos.