Series: Ashrae Handbook Refrigeration Si (Systems-International)
Hardcover: 314 pages
Publisher: ASHRAE; Har/Cdr edition (June 9, 2014)
Product Dimensions: 1 x 9 x 11.2 inchesShipping Weight: 2.6 pounds
The 2014 ASHRAE Handbook—Refrigeration covers the refrigeration equipment and systems for applications other than human comfort. This volume includes data and guidance on cooling, freezing, and storing food; industrial and medical applications of refrigeration; and low-temperature refrigeration.
An accompanying CD-ROM contains all the volume's chapters in both I-P and SI units.
Some of this volume's revisions are described as follows:
- Chapter 1, Halocarbon Refrigeration Systems, has three new sections to address issues involving the Montreal Protocol and the phaseout of halocarbons. It also has a new introduction, plus updates to sections on Applications and System Safety.
- Chapter 2, Ammonia Refrigeration Systems, has been extensively reorganized and updated for current practice.
- Chapter 6, Refrigerant System Chemistry, has new sections on additives and process chemicals.
- Chapter 7, Control of Moisture and Other Contaminants in Refrigerant Systems, has added moisture isotherm data for refrigerants R-290 and R-600a. It also contains a new section on system sampling in conjunction with retrofits, troubleshooting, or routine maintenance.
- Chapter 10, Insulation Systems for Refrigerant Piping, has revised insulation table values to comply with ASTM Standard C680-10.
- Chapter 12, Lubricants in Refrigerant Systems, has expanded content on hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) and new guidance on retrofits.
- Chapter 15, Retail Food Store Refrigeration and Equipment, has updates to sections on multiplex compressor racks, secondary and CO2 systems, gas defrost, liquid subcooling, and heat reclaim.
- Chapter 17, Household Refrigerators and Freezers, has updates on LED lighting in cabinets.
- Chapter 24, Refrigerated-Facility Loads, includes new content on packaging loads from moisture, updated motor heat gain rates, and a new example of a complete facility load calculation.
- Chapter 25, Cargo Containers, Rail Cars, Trailers, and Trucks, updated throughout, has a major revision to the section on Equipment.
- Chapter 27, Air Transport, has major revisions to the extensive section on Galley Refrigeration.
- Chapter 51, Codes and Standards, has been updated to list current versions of selected publications from ASHRAE and others. Publications are listed by topic, and full contact information for publishing organizations is included.
This volume is published, as a bound print volume and in electronic format on CD-ROM and online, in two editions: one using inch-pound (I-P) units of measurement, the other using the International System of Units (SI).
Table of Contents
SYSTEMS AND PRACTICES
1. Halocarbon Refrigeration Systems
2. Ammonia Refrigeration Systems
3. Carbon Dioxide Refrigeration Systems
4. Liquid Overfeed Systems
5. Component Balancing in Refrigeration Systems
6. Refrigerant System Chemistry
7. Control of Moisture and Other Contaminants in Refrigerant Systems
8. Equipment and System Dehydrating, Charging, and Testing
9. Refrigerant Containment, Recovery, Recycling, and Reclamation
COMPONENTS AND EQUIPMENT
10. Insulation Systems for Refrigerant Piping
11. Refrigerant Control Devices
12. Lubricants in Refrigerant Systems
13. Secondary Coolants in Refrigeration Systems
14. Forced-Circulation Air Coolers
15. Retail Food Store Refrigeration and Equipment
16. Food Service and General Commercial Refrigeration Equipment
17. Household Refrigerators and Freezers
18. Absorption Equipment
FOOD COOLING AND STORAGE
19. Thermal Properties of Foods
20. Cooling and Freezing Times of Foods
21. Commodity Storage Requirements
22. Food Microbiology and Refrigeration
23. Refrigerated-Facility Design
24. Refrigerated-Facility Loads
25. Cargo Containers, Rail Cars, Trailers, and Trucks
26. Marine Refrigeration
27. Air Transport
FOOD, BEVERAGE, AND FLORAL APPLICATIONS
28. Methods of Precooling Fruits, Vegetables, and Cut Flowers
29. Industrial Food-Freezing Systems
30. Meat Products
31. Poultry Products
32. Fishery Products
33. Dairy Products
34. Eggs and Egg Products
35. Deciduous Tree and Vine Fruit
36. Citrus Fruit, Bananas, and Subtropical Fruit
38. Fruit Juice Concentrates and Chilled Juice Products
40. Processed, Precooked, and Prepared Foods
41. Bakery Products
42. Chocolates, Candies, Nuts, Dried Fruits, and Dried Vegetables
43. Ice Manufacture
44. Ice Rinks
45. Concrete Dams and Subsurface Soils
46. Refrigeration in the Chemical Industry
48. Ultralow-Temperature Refrigeration
49. Biomedical Applications of Cryogenic Refrigeration
50. Terminology of Refrigeration
51. Codes and Standards